Love Food 2 Love Life
Baked Atlantic CroackerIngredients:
- 1 Croaker fish or similar ( based on 2.5 kilos) which would feed 3 or 4 people
- 1 large lemon
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 3 springs of rosemary
- 3 sprigs of fresh dill
- sea salt
- To make the stuffing - mix 2 tablespoons of softened butter with a good squeeze of lemon and the chopped garlic.
- Spoon the mixture into the body of the fish (I always ask my fishmonger to prepare the fish for me).
- Add half the lemon - sliced, the dill and the rosemary.
- Butter a large piece of foil and wrap the fish, making sure that the parcel is air tight.
- Bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees) for about 30 minutes - ovens vary! After 25 minutes check how the fish is cooking by using a thermometer (55 to 60 degrees centigrade).
- Serve with a generous sprinkling of sea salt and a good squeeze of lemon. The meat should just flake away from the bone.