Love Food 2 Love Life
Chicken Breasts with Plums and Sweet SoyIngredients:
- 4 chicken breast (free range is preferable), butterflied
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic
- A thumb size piece of ginger, grated or thinly sliced
- 8 plums, halved and stoned
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- A small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Black 'Venere' or plain white rice (80/100g per person)
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and place in a dish with the marinade ingredients - soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Leave for at least 2 hours.
- Boil a saucepan of water and add the black rice. Cook until soft (approx 18/20 minutes), topping up the water as necessary.
- Heat the frying pan or 'plancha' and add the oil. Cook the chicken breast turning every 2 or 3 minutes with the plums and cherry tomatoes. Baste with the juices.
- Drizzle over any remaining marinade.
- When cooked, set aside.
- Drain the rice and serve together with the chicken, plums and tomatoes. Garnish with the coriander, sea salt and ground pepper.