Love Food 2 Love Life
Creamy Potato & Onion Bake with Crumble CrustIngredients:
- 5 medium/large potatoes ( I allow one potato per person), sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 400ml pouring cream
- 5 or 6 slices of 'raclette' cheese or similar
- Ground sea salt and black pepper
- 75/100g of soft butter
- Just over half a pack of 'tuc' biscuits or similar
- Wash and slice the potatoes, skins on.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion
- Layer the potatoes and onions alternatively in a deep oven proof dish
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper each time and top up with cream.
- Add the slices of 'raclette' cheese and top with ground salt/pepper.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in an oven (180/190 degrees or 350 degrees fahrenheit) for about an hour, or until the potatoes have softened.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, place the 'tuc' biscuits into a plastic food bag and crush to make crumbs.
- Place the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and combine with the soften butter.
- When the potato bake is cooked, remove the foil and sprinkle over the crumble mixture.
- Replace the potato with crumble top back in the oven for 10 mins or until browned and bubbling.