Love Food 2 Love Life
Fig, Almond and Carob CakeIngredients:
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup of carob powder
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1 cup of chopped figs
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp confectioner's sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees fahrenheit / 150 degrees centigrade.
- In a bowl, separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites into a creamy and even consistency. Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, carob powder, sugar and honey.
- add the olive oil, almonds, figs and milk.
- Add the egg yolks to the mixture and then fold in the whites.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes.