Love Food 2 Love Life
Monkfish and Prawns in Moscatel Wine and Cream with RiceIngredients:
- A monkfish tail (a kilo would serve 4 people)
- 400g prawns
- 2 leeks, chopped into rounds
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- a good 'glug' of Moscatel wine, or white vermouth
- a cup of fish stock
- salt and pepper
- double cream
- chopped parsley to garnish
- If frozen, defrost the monkfish tail.
- Remove the meat from the central bone.
- Remove the membrane and cut the meat into chunks.
- Set the chunks of fish on a piece of kitchen towel to absorb excess liquid.
- Defrost the prawns.
- Add 3 tablespoons (approximately) of olive oil to a pan or wok and place on the heat.
- Add the prepared leeks, celery, pepper, garlic and carrots to the oil.
- Season generously.
- Add the Moscatel and the fish stock and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix together.
- Add the monkfish and if the tiger prawns are uncooked, add them also.
- If using pre cooked shrimps add these for just a minute at the end.
- Cook until the monkfish turns from a translucent colour to white.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with rice.