Love Food 2 Love Life
- 6 Chicken breasts, halved lengthways (provides 4 hearty portions)
- 3 large leeks, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped or sliced
- 250 ml of cider (I like to use a slightly sweeter cider)
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of chicken stock,
- 200ml double cream
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthways
- In a large heavy based pan, add the olive oil and bring up to full heat
- Pan fry the chicken breasts to brown the outsides. Remove and put aside
- Add the leeks, garlic and salt/pepper to the pan and soften, being careful not to burn the garlic
- Add the mushrooms and the cider. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the chicken stock and allow the juices to infuse and reduce.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Into an oven dish, add the browned chicken breasts. Pour over the cream sauce.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade (350 degrees fahrenheit) for 20/25 minutes. Cover with tin foil.