Love Food 2 Love Life
Paulo's Portuguese Fish PastaIngredients:
- 500g (approx), white fish (cod) or salmon - baked and flaked
- 500g Penne pasta (fresh is best)
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- A good squeeze of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of Portuguese Moscatel Wine (or Vermouth)
- Small bunch of coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- For this recipe, I used some sea bass that I had cooked the previous night. Any white fish or salmon fillet can be used. Just wrap in foil with butter and salt and bake for 15/20 mins at 180 degrees centigrade. Flake, removing any bones and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring salted water to the boil in preparation for the pasta.
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil, onion, pepper, garlic and tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, tomato paste and the Moscatel wine.
- Simmer until the vegetables are soft and the liquid reduces a little.
- While this is simmering, put the pasta into the boiling water and cook until soft.
- Gently mix the cooked fish into the sauce.
- Drain the cooked pasta and top with the fish sauce.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon.
- Optional - a good twist of sea salt and ground pepper.