Love Food 2 Love Life
Pie filling - Chicken & Vegetables in Cider & CreamIngredients:
- 3 large chicken breasts, cubed (Pie for 4 people)
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 300ml cider
- 200ml double cream
- In a heavy based pan, add the olive oil.
- Add the leeks and carrots.
- Season well. I will leave the quantity up to you, as I tend to over salt!!
- Add the cider and chicken stock. Cook for 5 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Add the chicken and cook gently for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and combine together well.
- If the sauce has too much liquid, mix a little corn flour with cold water and add to the mixture to thicken.
- Allow to cool before filling the pie base.