Love Food 2 Love Life
- 1 kilo of shell on raw prawns of a good size (serves 4 people)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small leeks, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 sweet Italian pepper, deseeded and cut into thin rounds
- Salt & pepper
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup of Portuguese Moscatel wine or a semi sweet white wine
- 200ml of cream
- Fresh tagliatelle
- Parsley to garnish
- Peel and remove the vein that runs along the upper length of the prawn. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil and pan-fry the garlic, leek, celery and red pepper to soften. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the Moscatel or semi-sweet wine and continue to cook until the liquid reduces slightly.
- In the meantime, boil a pan of water and cook the tagliatelle.
- Add the cream to the mixture in the frying pan and combine thoroughly.
- Add the cooked prawns to the sauce and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the tagliatelle and serve into bowls. Top with the prawn sauce.
- Grind the sea salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.