Love Food 2 Love Life
Ruby Port and Redcurrant SauceIngredients:
- 200/250 ml of ruby Port (If you have used a Port and water mixture in which to slow roast your lamb, then strain and use this liquid).
- 2 tablespoons of redcurrant jelly
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- a knob of butter
- salt and pepper
- If using the cooking juices from the lamb (half Port and half water), strain the liquid into a saucepan. I have a separating jug which is a great tool to separate the fat/oil from the liquid.
- If starting from scratch, pour the Port into a saucepan, add the crushed garlic and redcurrant jelly. On a gentle heat simmer until the jelly has dissolved. Add the rosemary and salt/pepper to taste.
- If using the roasting liquids, add an extra splash of the Port, then follow as the step above.
- Simmer to reduce the liquid. Remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Taste the sauce and adjust if necessary to add a splash of water, more salt or pepper.
- Add a good knob of butter and continue to simmer the sauce - this will make the sauce thicken and give it a glossy texture.