Love Food 2 Love Life
Scallop and Prawn Sea-sation!Ingredients:
- FOR 4 PEOPLE (Main course):
- 12 large scallops (mine had tails on)
- 16 large raw prawns, peeled
- 500/600g of new potatoes
- 2 small leeks, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery finely chopped
- 2 small spring onions, finely chopped
- a cup of white wine
- 200ml of cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- sweet balsamic vinegar to drizzle and chopped parsley to garnish
- Defrost and peel the prawns if frozen. Defrost the scallops if frozen.
- In a pan, with a tablespoon of heated olive oil, fry and season the vegetables.
- Add the wine and reduce for 5 to 10 minutes minutes.
- Boil the potatoes.
- In a large heavy based pan, cook the prawns (they turn from a translucent colour to white).
- Add the scallops. Be very careful not to over cook,
- Add the cream to the vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and cut them in half. Arrange on a plate.
- Place 3 scallops on the top of 3 halved potatoes with 4 prawns.
- Drizzle with the sauce reduction.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Optional: sea salt and cracked black pepper