Love Food 2 Love Life
Vegetable Bake (Halloween)Ingredients:
- 300g of flesh from a pumpkin
- 300g of butternut squash cubed
- 300g of sweet potato cubed
- 400g of potatoes cubed
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 or 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to your taste) - I won't advise because I use too much!!
- 100g smoked bacon bits
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- A 'glug' of Pernod
- 300ml of double cream
- Fresh oregano to garnish (optional)
- In a LARGE heavy pan with lid (oven-proof), fry the onions and leeks.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the first four ingredients and mix to coat wight he oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and smoked bacon. Add the dried oregano. Fry together for 5 minutes.
- Add the Pernod and the vegetable stock. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix together well.
- Put the lid on (make sure it fits well - if not, cover with foil and then seal with the lid).
- Place in an oven preheated to 150 degrees centigrade (300 degrees fahrenheit) for 90 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve!